FX Laser – Fractionated CO₂
The ultimate “reset button” for the skin.
After one week, your skin will be smoother, brighter, and more luminous, and you’ll see continued improvement for six months!
“FX helped take back my horrible sun-tanning years – it reduced my pore size and helped improve my pigmentation.”
– Jette, CSLC Master Injector
Featured on “The Today Show” and “The Doctors,” the University of Michigan says this revolutionary treatment will “change the way sun-damaged, scarred, and wrinkled skin is treated for years to come.”
In just one treatment, TotalFX facial laser dramatically transforms:
What is laser resurfacing?
Laser resurfacing uses laser energy to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and skin irregularities. Laser resurfacing (also referred to as lasabrasion, laser peel, or laser vaporization) can be done with an:
- Ablative laser (CO2, laser, erbium laser, combination systems). An ablative laser, also known as a “wounding laser,” removes the epidermis (the thin outer layer of skin) while heating the dermis (underlying skin). These “wounds” then stimulate the growth of brand new skin cells and collagen fibers, smoothing and tightening the skin.
- Nonablative laser. A nonablative laser stimulates collagen growth without wounding the patient’s skin. Nonablative lasers are non-invasive and require only a day of recovery time when compared to an ablative laser, but often require more than one treatment for best results.
How does TotalFX work?
TotalFX laser treatment is a two-step treatment. First, the CSLC provider numbs the patient’s skin with a topical anesthetic. (CSLC can also provide patients with oral sedation or pronox laughing gas to ensure that they’re comfortable and pain-free during the procedure.) Then, an FX laser is applied to the patient’s skin one area at a time for 45 to 60 minutes. FX laser if very effective on the face, neck, chest and hands.
After fractionated CO2 laser, patients should expect to feel a sensation similar to a bad sunburn. Because of redness and weeping of the skin, most patients need five to seven days of downtime following a TotalFX treatment. At CSLC, we provide a complimentary hydration facial one week after your laser treatment in any of our locations in Petoskey, Traverse City, or Naples.
Pros and Cons of TotalFX
- see visible results in just one week and continued improvement for three to six months
- improve pigmentation, skin tone, and texture
- reduce the appearance of wrinkles, scars, and folds
- produce new collagen and elastin in the treatment area
- firm and lift the skin
TotalFX Before and After
TotalFX Frequently Asked Questions
Ready to find out more?
Book a free consultation today!